Saturday, April 2, 2011

Where has my confidence gone?

I went for a short run on Thursday and decided to wear my Nike cross trainers with the thought that they are newer so at least they have more support.  Bad idea.  1.8 miles and 2 screaming shins later I had 2 small blisters and my feet ached the rest of the day.

Lesson Learned.

Today I put on the old running shoes and decided to do 2 miles on the trail. It was a mental battle the whole way. My shins hurt but were not painful. I had not drank enough this morning.  It was warmer than I thought. I was hungry.  I was fearful of the pain that might show up any minute in my shins.

Run, run, run, waaaaalllllk.  Run, run, walk, run, walk. Run for crying out loud. I do not like mentally challenging runs. I do believe I rather run through the pain.  At my turn around point my confidence kicked in and I decided to go further.  When I finally did turn around I was happy to have no more pain than I started with.

3.1 Miles in 38 minutes.  I'm really happy with this time considering I felt like I was running a 15 minute mile not a 12 minute mile.  My shins are still sore, tight really.  I'll be inflicting some deep tissue massage, otherwise known as torture, later today.

Now I'm off to make another birthday cake, watch conference and BBQ and then to a movie for Jena's birthday!

My new shoes come Tuesday! Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment