Thursday, April 7, 2011

Simplify!

I didn't get my run in today. There was rain, snow, onset of a head cold, 9 children in my house all day long. Take your pick, one of those excuses reasons will cover it.  I'm not feeling too bad about it because I spent the day icing and massaging the legs. However, I should have done something else, for that I have no excuses.

I weighed in this morning at 182. I'm happy with this number because it means I'm getting my eating back in control. I have bounced from 181.6 to 183.6 for 2 months now.  Mostly on the 183 end, so I'm pleased to see something a little lower since I have been making bigger efforts to bring my eating back under discipline.

I just spent some time going over my eating and training logs. If your not keeping these kind of logs than start today.  I have used them to look back on many times now and it has help me a lot.  Today it help me realize several things.

First I lost 15 pounds in 2 months last fall and I CAN do it again. I have no memory of it being hard or miserable. I will do it again.

Second I made it simple back then.  I ate the same lunch for a week at a time and then switched it up the next week. Breakfast was 1 or 2 options. I cut out soda and drank lots of water.  Dinner was the same as what the family was having just with portion control.

Third my workouts were either running or doing a Jillian Michaels DVD and a little bit of weight training. I wasn't stressing out about working out for at least 90 minutes, reaching a certain calorie burn or running long distances.  I just got out there for the time I could and gave it all I had.

What I learned tonight was to Simplify!  


So I'll be bringing back Jillian 2-3 days a week.  I'll be running at my pace {even if it seems so slow}.  I'll be planning easier {read boring but healthy} meals.  And I won't be wearing my BodyBugg for a while.

I feel like I've taking a load of stress off my own back too.  It's amazing how I can stress myself out and not even realize I'm doing it.  I have to remind myself that I'm not in a race with anyone else.  If something works for others, that's great, but I don't have to do it too. I'm not doing this to prove myself to anyone. This is not a competition. I'm doing this for my own happiness, health and sanity. And I need to do it the way that works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment