Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I blame the children

I can't believe I'm going to share this but it makes me SO made I just have to do it.

I had a short run planned for today. A quick 2 miles that I decided last minute to make all downhill. I had Barry drive me up to the top of the subdivisions until we hit dirt road, which turned out to be exactly 2 miles. It started off fine, I was expecting shin pain and it came but when I hit about a 1/2 mile I had to pee.  Nothing horrible but I noticed right off that the running downhill was exaggerating it quite a bit.

Continue running and my worst fear comes to life. I am peeing my pants a little bit at a time.  I'm in the middle of a suburbia so I can't just run off the trail and pee because believe me, I would have!  Down, down, down I go and I'm now 2 blocks from home on the steepest incline. I stop and walk 20 feet but that makes my shins hurt worse.

Now I'm just plain pissed off at my body. Screw you body, I'm running!  And you know what my body said to me? Screw you, I am going to pee!  I walked the last 3 houses looking just like a 2 year old with wet pants to my knees.  It was awesome.



I was so mad I didn't even care what my neighbors thought, even though I didn't see anyone.  This is what having 4 kids does to you!  Stupid Piece of Crap Bladder!  I see some surgery in my future.

2 miles down in 19 minutes and wet pants! GRRRRRR!!!

*****
A few hours later I did my Upper Body Weights, my favorite. I upped several of my sets which made it extra fun.  The Mister was pretty impressed that I did 20 lb Bicep Curls, I was pretty impressed too! :)

Then he showed me how to do Dead lifts. The posture is really awkward to get the hang of but I finally got it down. I believe I lifted 135 lbs. Lower Body is Saturday and I'm going to have him do a full workout with me. That should be fun....or painful!  Maybe I'll take a picture if I can actually lift my body weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment